Join us as we learn more about the bitter world of Amari (plural of amaro), its history, diverse styles & flavors, and how it pairs with the not so bitter, honey. You'll learn the rich history of and sample a variety of amari and honey provided by Bee Friends Farm. Then, once you've sampled them all, you'll get to enjoy a tasty cocktail with our amaro and honey of choice!
What to expect:
- Matt Williams and Sydney Jones of The Volstead will take us on a taste bud tour of Italy's Amalfi Coast through a curated amaro tasting, including it's history, purpose and how it differs from other liqueurs
- Brentley Stead of Bee Friends Farm will then takes us through the varietals of honey that pair best with the amari, what to expect when you sample them and where they come from. You might even see some real bees!
- Pairing of cheese, charcuterie & other treats.
- An opportunity to take own your own bottles of amari and jars of honey!
- Bonus: you'll learn to impress bartenders, show off at dinner parties and pronounce [äˈmäːr̺o̞] with a thick Italian accent.