Holidays can be very stressful. According to the survey of 1,166 people, 70 percent say that rather than taking “me” time to cope with holiday stress, they are more likely to give every part of themselves in an effort to make the season special.
Lequita Brooks, MSW, LCSW, The Self-Care Therapist, will facilitate a group therapy session to help professionals manage the stressors of the holiday season.
Group participants will:
- Be able to express their concerns in a safe, confidential setting.
- Explore viable solutions to resolve the holiday stressors they are experiencing.
- Create action steps that include self-care strategies for the following week.
You may relate to one of the top 5 holiday stressors:
- Just keeping up– trying to stay on top of all the activities, pressures, and expectations that come along with the holidays. (56 percent)
- Finances– blowing the budget to make the holidays extra special. (50 percent)
- Shopping– trying to find the “perfect” gift for that special someone. (46 percent)
- Family events– attending holiday dinners, parties, and gatherings with relatives. (33 percent)
- Physical health– trying to stay healthy, active and sober at a time when food, drink, and festivities is in overabundance. (26 percent)
Join us at our weekly Holiday Stress Therapy Group in Orange Park, FL. Men and women are welcome to attend.
Tickets are nonrefundable but transferable to friends or for other Therapy Topia events or services. Ticket sales are final.